Monday, June 4, 2012

Week 1

Ok! All packed and ready to go to Friday Harbor tomorrow morning, via bus, plane, bus, and ferry.  I'm posting this in fear of being one of those annoying bloggers who writes about every little thing that happens ("Now in the Terminal", "Now boarding the plane", "Now exiting the plane!").  Trust me, you'll get none of that.  I am pretty new to this blogging thing though, so if I start doing it wrong, feel free to let me know.

I'll aim for a twice-a-week posting schedule to keep everyone updated, without being overtly annoying. This week, I'm ready to hit the ground running! I'm flying in during a low tide week, so appropriately have some tentative field trips planned for this Wednesday and Thursday with Dr. Patrick Martone, a professor from University of British Columbia and coralline algae expert.  Also, he used to be my labmate and is a good part of the reason I study corallines now. He's one of the two professors I'll be working with this summer.

No comments: